Based at our Newcastle Branch, we are looking for a Yard Operative to carry out general labouring duties. This includes loading and unloading materials to ensure they are collected and selected by following daily work plan schedules. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with tube & fitting scaffold components and hold a valid Forklift truck licence, however, training will be provided. We are looking for someone who has the desire and willingness to undertake any necessary training and learning to progress their career.
For more information or to apply for the role, please, call our Newcastle office on 0191 414 2481
Alternatively, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Carry out tasks in a safe manner as directed by your line manager/supervisor and in accordance with company procedures and site rules/regulations.
• Responsible for your personal safety, your colleagues and the general public at all times, you must be able to work as a team member.
• An appreciation of industry-standard safe working practices including permit to work systems, COSHH, risk assessments and accident /incident reporting.
• Ensure that all work is undertaken within the jobholder’s own level of demonstrated competence.
• Assist the team with the provision of stock, including quality, control and stock maintenance requirements.
• Manual handling duties including stacking, packing and safe storage of materials.
What we are looking for
• Possess basic literacy and numeracy skills.
• Preferably you will have a CSCS (labour level) card. However, training will be provided upon commencement to obtain a CSCS card.
• Someone who has an appreciation or relevant experience in the discipline area.
• Able to demonstrate a basic understanding of health & safety standards and practices.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Desire and willingness to undertake any necessary training and continued learning.
• Ability to participate in task audits/near miss reporting/plant audits.
• Someone who takes responsibility for their own actions and demonstrates pride in completing tasks.
• Good housekeeping practices, tidy and organised in areas of work.
• Self-motivated and good work ethic.
• Desirable – Forklift truck trained with a valid licence. However, training can be provided to the successful candidate.